Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT)
Intake Capacity: 15 (Fifteen)
Eligibility Criteria: Separately pass with Physics, Chemistry & Biology with 50% marks in aggregate in 10+2/equivalent examination.
- This will be done on the basis of merit. list of qualifying exam
- Mode of Admission: Admission done through counseling which is conducted by the state Medical Faculty of West Bengal
Duration: Medical laboratory course is for 2 years
Syllabus Outline: Human Anatomy & Physiology, Clinical Biochemistry, Clinical Pathology, Histopathology & Cytopathology, Clinical Microbiology, Haematology, Communicative English, Laboratory Instrumentation, Blood Bank etc.
- One Can get a job as a “Medical Laboratory Technician” or “Laboratory Assistant”. It can be at various Central/State Govt./Private Hospitals, Diagnostic Centers, Nursing Homes, etc. Lab technicians can work in different medical settings, Dental offices, clinics, and ophthalmic labs.
- Can get a job as a cytogenetic technician. They analyze genetic elements inside cells. One has to get detailed notes for each sample inside the cell. You have to check the right sample for an individual.
- Anaesthesia Technician
- Pathologist Assistant
- >Nuclear Medicine Technologist
- Medical Equipment Repair Technician
- Radiation Protection Technician
- Can set up his or her own Diagnostic Centres, Pathological Labs, etc.
- Can join a Medical Laboratory Technology College or Institution as a “LabAssistant”
- Have the opportunity to go for further studies in B. Sc. MLT/BMLT etc